Subject: Question(yet another)
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: jaypee <jaypee@rogers.wave.ca>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/22/1997 04:22:49
Hey all, Just a simple question.  well maybe not that simple, however, i
have a powerbook 520c(68040) and a local talked se30 in my shed (please
dont ask), Im cureently connected to the net witha  500k cable modem,
(there okay, dont suggest getting one, mail me privately for that
debate)and what im intrested in see'ing, is if i can pull that se30 on
the net, i have not put that sucker with netbsd yet, but will plan on
doing that, its only got a whoping 30MB hard drive but im sure i can get
at least a stable system running.  anyone know if i can pull it off? or
is it controllable by software, the se30 does not have an ethernet jack,
if it dd i'd put the puppy on my 122 port hub, and steal an ip from my
isp, (done it before), to see if i can pull it off, if there is anything
i can use, either on this powerbook to filter out the localtalk to go to
the, net, or something i can use on the se30 to send it threw the funnel ?

Jaypee@rogers.wave.ca
http://home.on.rogers.wave.ca/jaypeee