Subject: New Serial Driver - cool features
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/22/1997 15:37:10
I made this a two part message so hopefully each part won't be too long,
and people will actually see the good and the bad. :-)

Cool features:

1) cdtrcts flow control: The driver now supports full duplex flow
	control. It used to be we only stoped when asked. Now we can
	ask the other computer to stop. Good for 57600 where I see
	overruns if I don't use this and am receiving lots of data.

2) Serial Echo will now work to most printers! My DeskWriter needs
	data at 57600. Bu setting the default rate to 57600 in the booter,
	serial echo now works directly to the printer. No more trying
	to copy down stuff flying by on the screen durning a sick boot.

Take care,

Bill