Subject: Re: Mac LCII woes
To: Warren Volz <wizard@ccsi.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/22/1997 17:25:11
> > What kind of ethernet card do you have?  Can you show us the relevant part
> > of the output of the 'dmesg' command?  What command line are you using to
> > configure the interface?
>
> I have the standard Apple LCII internal ethernet card. It has the sonic
> chipset on it. Here is the relevant info from the 'dmesg' command:
>
> nubus0 at mainbus0
> sn0 at nubus0 slot a address 08:00:07:9e:eb:d9
> sn1 at nubus0 slot c address 08:00:07:9e:eb:d9
> sn2 at nubus0 slot e address 08:00:07:9e:eb:d9

That's enough. It's quite broken.

I bet the problem is that the card fakes out a NuBus card (which is normal)
_and_ the engineers at Apple had the clever idea of relying on the fact
that the ROMs only probled one of the possable NuBus slots (one of slot
a, c, or e). So they got cheep and didn't decode some address lines.

Thus your card shows up thrice.

Maybe we should only probe slot e. ??

Take care,

Bill