Subject: Re: PB540c (FPE!!)
From: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/22/1997 14:16:21
On Wed, 22 Oct 1997, Ken Nakata wrote:

> No, we can't say for sure.  The only way to find out whether or not
> you've got a buggy chip is to run a MacOS application KNOWN TO REQUIRE
> FPU on your PB540 with SoftwareFPU installed.  If it crashes, your
> LC040 is a buggy one.
>
> If it doesn't, then the seg faults are due to our FPE's bug(s).

	Soooo.... hmmmm... name one? Actually once before I even knew I
didn't have an FPU I ran a MUD client called Tinkeri View and it died when
it came to a routine which required an FPU. I installed SoftwareFPU and it
seemed to run fine.... so I'm assuming I DON'T have a buggy one. What
would be a good program to test this?

	Ryan

-----
My name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!