Subject: Re: Screen image angled?
To: wormey@eskimo.com (Space Case), Port-mac68k <PORT-MAC68K@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/22/1997 11:08:20
At 6:27 PM 10/21/97, Space Case wrote:
>On Oct 21,  6:58pm, "David A. Gatwood" wrote:
>>> on my screen is lower than the right corner, and the upper right corner
>>> is higher than the left.  The differences are slight but noticeable.
>>
>>Sounds like either some part of the unit itself is magnetized or there's a
>>strong magnet nearby.  Picture tubes are very sensitive to magnetism.
>
>More likely the yoke is twisted a bit.  Some monitors have electronic
>correction for this; on others you have to loosen a screw on the yoke
>and turn it...

Bingo!

I would shift the emphasis a bit and say that most modern and/or high
resolution monitors do it electronically because the mechanical change is
likely to change other things as well.  You may have to take the outer case
off to access the adjustment though.

Definitely try degaussing first also.  Many modern monitors lack a degauss
button because they do it automatically on power-up.