Subject: Re: NetBSD/Mac68k Install Tools
To: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/22/1997 12:51:16
On Wed, 22 Oct 1997, Paul Goyette wrote:

> OK, you've got my interest - can you give us a bit more detail?  or at
> least a bigger hint?  :)

Well, it goes something like this:  use the standard NetBSD installation
tools, allowing for installation over the network (ftp, NFS), from a SCSI
tape or CD-ROM, or from a Mac HFS partition.  The installation could be
bootstrapped with kernel containing an embedded miniroot, which could be
either downloaded or booted from CD-ROM.

Obviously, to install from the Mac HFS partition we'd need a working HFS
filesystem that we could bundle.  That's a bit of a hairy issue at the
moment... but not insurmountable.  In any event, this won't happen for the
upcoming 1.3 release.

--scott