Subject: Rebooting NetBSD
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jeffrey Ohlmann <jaohlma@BGNet.bgsu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/22/1997 13:00:14
I've been combing through FAQs and man-pages but haven't found the answer
to this:  is it possible to reboot NetBSD without restarting the actual
Macintosh and Booting from MacOS again?  I've tried all sorts of flags
with shutdown, reboot, halt, and so on, but all without success.  Is this
not possible?  My memory may be faulty (that's my brain, not my hardware)
but it seems like I did this once, probably by accident.  Can anyone set
me straight?

(If'n it should matter, this is a P550 w/FPU; NetBSD root&usr resides on
a Zip disk)

Thanks,

Jeffrey Ohlmann