Subject: Getting my Quadra 800 going?!
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: BGW <f94bw@efd.lth.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/21/1997 10:47:13
I recently decided to get my Quadra 800 running with NetBSD. I
downloaded "MacBSD 1.3_Alpha" with the Generic-47 kernel. I partitioned
my harddrive, 240 MB as an 'A/UX root/usr' and a 20 MB 'A/UX Swap'. Then
I used "Mkfs_1.45" on my partitions. I went on with the installer
'Installer 1.1_f' and installed the 'base', 'etc' among some other
packages, choosed 'build devices' and then 'mini shell' and
'cpin netsbsd /netbsd' after having uncompressed the kernel within MacOS
(untar:ed it etc.). No problems so far (I guess!). Now it was time to
boot, using 'Booter 1.11'. The log-file looks good until Im about to
leave the log, saying "Bye-Bye..." , it changes screen to 1 bit color
and freezes the computer, leaving me with nothing to do but restart. Any
ideas, tip? Anyone got a working Quadra 800 together with MacBSD+X-win?
If, yes, what kernel etc?

This is my configuration

Quadra 800 (040/33)
500 (520) MB Quantum Maverick 540s (240 MB Root/usr 20 MB Swap)
24 MB Ram
Apple desktop bus mouse 2
Apple 16' RGB
Apple design keyboard
1 PowerMac extension card from Apple (turned off!!!)

/Bo