Subject: Re: IIci
To: Mark DeArman" , "port-mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/21/1997 21:04:52
Mark DeArman <cyalog@usa.net> wrote:

>I have a MAXTOR 1.25 GB harddrive on my IIci.  When I try to run the
>mkfs 1.45 program on it it BOMBs with error type 8?

Error Type 8?  According to my "Desperately Seeking Solutions" this is a
Trace Mode Trap.

A number of users have successfully used this version but that doesn't
mean there aren't problems in the code.  It would help to know a few
things.

1) I assume you probably downloaded an "hqx" version of the file and
unstuffed it on your system.  Is this true or did you find a binary
version someplace?  If you downloaded a binary copy of the file did you
download it in ASCII?

2) How far does the program get when you try to run it?  Does it come up
with the Copyright Window?

3) What is the partition layout on your MAXTOR disk?  What was it
formatted with?  Is it usable under MacOS? Do you have any MacOS
partitions on it?

If you can let me know a little more I'll see what I can do to fix it.

-bob