Subject: Re: Screen image angled?
To: T. Sean <71410.25@compuserve.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/21/1997 16:59:46
T. Sean wrote:

> While I was fixing my headers linking problem (xearth seems to be
> compiling fine now, BTW.  Thanks to all who helped), I noticed something
> odd.  My monitor is set up level, but the lower left corner of the image
> on my screen is lower than the right corner, and the upper right corner
> is higher than the left.  The differences are slight but noticeable.
> Rememer the crooks' hideouts in the old Batman series?  It is like that
> (, but not quite as bad).  What's up with this?
>
> I am using a IIci with an Apple Mac II High Resolution video card (8-bit
> card), color lkm, GENERICSBC#26 kernel, 28 Megs RAM, 40M swap, circa 500M
> root&usr on a Quantum Maverick 540M drive.  Monitor is a Macintosh Color
> Display. X is currently running.

I have (well had, as of last week), a pretty similar configuration (same
machine, video card, display, RAM) and I think that I see something
similar.  For me, the display has always been a little angled under X, I
think that MacOS may adjust the display area a little to compensate for
this kind of thing (but I could be wrong).  It's never hindered my work,
tho.

Later.