Subject: Re: Afterstep & libXpm.4.7
To: <>
From: T. Sean (Theo) Schulze <71410.25@compuserve.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/21/1997 12:29:50
>> I was trying to get afterstep installed and it insisted on libXpm.4.7
>> which I found somewhere and ran through the installer to get it into
>> netbsd.  afterstep still doesnt see the lib and whats more I can't find
>> it myself so I can add it to my path.
>
>Note: You won't add the library to your PATH variable as that's not used
>for libs. Your LDPATH (or something like that) will need the change.

Hmm...I wonder if this the answer to a question I haven't posted here
yet.  I am trying to compile xearth, but I got a message that there was
no file or directory X11/Xos.h.  I checked the soure at the line
indicated in the error message and it is "#include <X11/Xos.h>.  So I
changed the "#include" to the full pathname of the header file.  That
just got me another error message about another header file that is in
the same directory as Xos.h.  I was going to change that reference too,
but it occurred to me that this is probably not normal behavior and is
probably the result of something I don't have set correctly.  Is the
thing I don't have set correctly the "LDPATH (or something like that)"
mentioned above?

Cheers,

Sean.  (Who seems to be learning C programming bass ackwards!)

T. Sean (Theo) Schulze
71410.25@compuserve.com
TSSchulze@aol.com

Hope is not a course of action.  (But prayer is a combat multiplier.)