Subject: Re: Afterstep & libXpm.4.7
To: Brad Salai <bsalai@tmonline.com>
From: T. Sean (Theo) Schulze <71410.25@compuserve.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/21/1997 16:39:05
Brad Salai wrote:

>I just did this. Netbsd puts the includes that you need in something like
>/usr/X11R6/include/X11/  and xearth looks for them in /usr/include/X11
>
>if you do something like this:
>cd /usr/include
>ln -s /usr/X11R6/include/X11  .
>
>it should work, and some other stuff that looks for the includes will work
>as well. Look over my paths carefully, these are from memory, and the
>machine is at home so I can't check.
>
>Once you do this, xearth compiles fine out of the box, and runs fine too.

I set up the symbolic link to /usr/X11R6/include/X11 (where Xos.h lives)
twice; once by doing: ln -fs /usr/X11R6/include/X11 X11 and once by doing
ln -fs /usr/X11R6/include/X11.  (I did both of there in the /usr/include
directory.)

Using both methods I then tried to compile.  I get what I believe is a
loader error:

ld: -lXt: no match

Xt is one of the libraries listed in the Makefile, but I did a find /
-name *Xt* -print and got no match.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Sean.