Subject: Re: Afterstep & libXpm.4.7
To: T. Sean (Theo) Schulze <71410.25@compuserve.com>
From: Adrian Rollett <acrollet+@andrew.cmu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/21/1997 14:44:49
On Tue, 21 Oct 1997, T. Sean (Theo) Schulze wrote:

> >> I was trying to get afterstep installed and it insisted on libXpm.4.7
> >> which I found somewhere and ran through the installer to get it into
> >> netbsd.  afterstep still doesnt see the lib and whats more I can't find
> >> it myself so I can add it to my path.
> >
> >Note: You won't add the library to your PATH variable as that's not used
> >for libs. Your LDPATH (or something like that) will need the change.
> >

> Hmm...I wonder if this the answer to a question I haven't posted here
> yet.  I am trying to compile xearth, but I got a message that there was
> no file or directory X11/Xos.h.  I checked the soure at the line
> indicated in the error message and it is "#include <X11/Xos.h>.  So I
> changed the "#include" to the full pathname of the header file.  That
> just got me another error message about another header file that is in
> the same directory as Xos.h.  I was going to change that reference too,
> but it occurred to me that this is probably not normal behavior and is
> probably the result of something I don't have set correctly.  Is the
> thing I don't have set correctly the "LDPATH (or something like that)"
> mentioned above?

Either go into the makefile and add the path to this file (usually
/usr/X11R6/include or /usr/local/X11R6/include depending on where you
installed X ) or manually do the cc with a -I/usr/local/X11R6/include in
the command line.

-Adrian

Adrian Rollett						5425 Forbes Ave.
Majetich Lab - Carnegie Mellon University 		Pittsburgh, PA
acrollett@cmu.edu					15217
Finger for pgp public key etc.|