Subject: Re: A question about X11R6 for Q610
To: None <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/19/1997 14:58:57
Erik Bertelsen wrote:

> On Sun, 19 Oct 1997, Colin Wood wrote:
>
> .. Rushabh Sheth wrote:
> .. >
> .. > 	Will the binaries in xbase12G, xserver12G, and xcomp12G work with
> .. > Generic Kernel 45 on a Quadra 610 (with FPU)?
> ..
> .. They should work just fine :-)
> ..
> .. > Or would I have to download
> .. > the X11R6 source from somewhere and compile the whole thing?
> ..
> .. No, that wouldn't work very well....I'm pretty sure that the NetBSD/mac68k
> .. additions to the Xserver are not in the X11R6 source (and we use XFree now
> .. anyway).
>
> A note: I don't think that we use (or even can use) XFree86 on other
> ports than the i386 -- this is NetBSD/mac68k.

Out of the box, no.  I don't think we've integrated the NetBSD changes
back into the XFree source tree (but the NetBSD xsrc is based off of XFree
now...although I think it's pretty similar to the original X11R6-based
Xmacbsd server).

> We'll probably have to be patient until the sources become available
> from NetBSD's ftp or sup servers.

Jason keeps promising on current-users that it will be available soon, but
I figure he just might be a little busy with other things at the moment
;-)

Later.