Subject: Re: Quadra 660/AV - First try.
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/19/1997 23:25:50
On Sun, 19 Oct 1997, Colin Wood wrote:

.. Stefan Arentz wrote:
.. >
.. > Hi folks,
.. >
.. > Here's the bootlog of my Q660AV with netbsd-971009.gz. Is the 660 supported
.. > or is it completely different from the 840?

.. > Done.
.. > Bootstrapping the pmap system.
.. > Pmap bootstrapped.
.. > Moving ROMBase from 0x40800000 to 0x980000.
.. > Video address 0x50100700 -> 0xb80700.
.. >
.. > *and then it's dead*
..
.. The usual advice on this (I think) is to zap PRAM by holding down

My usual experience when a boot disappears right (trying to) move
its video address is that memory mapping is not set correctly,
and then it may help to use a serial console instead of the
standard console. This requires a terminal or a terminal emulating
computer connected to a serial computer on the machine that you
try to run NetBSD on and a couple of changes to the Booter's setup.

regards
Erik Bertelsen