Subject: Re: Three button mice
To: T. Sean <71410.25@compuserve.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/19/1997 13:59:23
T. Sean wrote:

> I've just gotten X to run in color on my IIci, and I was thinking that
> the next step might be to get a three-button mouse.  I took a look at the
> FAQ and at the page the FAQ references about three-button mice, and I am
> still not clear on something.  Is it true that no matter what 3-button
> mouse I get, I will have to re-configure the key-mapping or some such
> (can you tell I'm a newbie :-), in order to get the mouse to work?  Also,
> is the only way to get a 3-button mouse to work to combine mouse clicks
> with keyboard key combinations?

BTW, if you or anyone else wants a fairly cheap and reliable 3-button
mouse (and your machine can use MRG-based ADB), check out www.onsale.com.
I "won" a Logitech Ergonomic MouseMan from CompGeeks for about $15 + $8 in
shipping.  I "won" on Monday, I received it on Thursday.  It works great,
and for only $23, you just can't beat it.

Later.