Subject: Re: Headless IIcI
To: Mark Andres <mark@ratbert.aisol.net>
From: archer <archer@pacific.net.ph>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/19/1997 21:32:45
Thanks for the info Mark & Bill,

I've already downloaded the MIX software for both PPC & 68k.  I have
ethernet setup between the IIci & the PPC already, and they work just
fine in MacOS.  I will concentrate on getting the PPC talking to the IICi
right now and later add the SE/30.  I also have all the necessary files
to load XWindows on the IIci under NetBSD, is this necessary?.  If the
IIci is already set for Telnet, than perhaps thats the route to take i.e.
NCSA Telnet on the PPC to the built-in Telnet abilities on the IIci
running NetBSD, (please educate me if I've got this all screwed up). I am
currently reading all the man pages I can on ifconfig and ppp
configuration.  Oh yeah!, I might mention that my initial intention here
is to simply be able to control the IIci from the PPC since I don't have
an additional monitor, would like to be able to use seperate window on
PPC as the IIci. Hope this helps, you've all been very helpful already,
and I've learned a great deal getting this far.  Thanks