Subject: Re: erg...
To: Wedge <wej@area.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/18/1997 10:52:08

> i think i asked this before, but is there any tunneling support under the
> latest NetBSD for Mac68k?  I installed the 10-04 snapshots and the newer
> kernel and i still can't seem to find tunneling anywhere...

Ahh, a tunneling question I can answer! (last time it was about a particular
tunnel type which I'm not familiar with)

You need a kernel compiled with at least one pseudo-device tun (a config
line with something like "pseudo-device tun 2"). This line will make
"tun" interfaces, which will show up with an ifconfig -a.

Your tunneling software will then hook into these tunnel devices. That's
all the kernel support you need.

Take care,

Bill