Subject: Re: sendmail question
To: David A. Gatwood <marsmail@globegate.utm.edu>
From: tcjam <tcjam@voicenet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/18/1997 00:08:10
I'm not sure I fully understand what your trying to do, but would virtual
hosting suit your needs? I've recently set up my system to map
user@netbsd.box to user@isp.com for my outgoing mail on some of my local
accounts. It's far better than the alias file imho.

There is also the option of mapping incoming addresses but I haven't yet
found a use for this.

NOTE: This did require a new sendmail.cf file made from changed sources
but it wasn't the least bit challenging.

Ok now for me. :)  I'd like some information on just how MaileXchange
works. (MX records) Particularly how I could set up my machine to host
mail coming from another machine. Please don't refer me to the "Bat Book"
I do know about it I just don't have the urge to read it at the moment, I
will read it someday just not today. :)

TIA
tcjam