Subject: Re: A weird bug in 1.11.0 or in Generic-45 kernel
To: Rushabh Sheth <rsheth@alumni.stanford.org>
From: None <nigel@ind.tansu.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/18/1997 12:58:12
> panic: trap: type 0xf, code 0x0, v0x0 -- no pcd
>
> Everything above will happen only if you select "Boot Now" after launching
> the Booter.  Here is the weirdest part:

	Thanks for the bug report. It definately seems like a weird one that
no-one else has discovered. I will try to reproduce it on my C610 at work on
Monday. Meanwhile, can you do a bit more testing for me?

* Firstly, the "Boot Now" dialog window should only happen if you have the
  "Show dialog & wait for OK before booting" item enabled (in Booting under
  the Options menu). Try turning this off and see what happens.

* Secondly, could you increase the debug level (in Startup under Options)
  from 0 and log to a file, and see if there are any differences between
  the logs from working and non-working boots?

--
| Nigel Pearson, nigel@ind.tansu.com.au |"People say I'm strange, does it  |
|  Telstra IN Platforms, Sydney, Aust.  | make me a stranger?              |