Subject: Re: Help on running NetBSD on Quadra 610
To: Rushabh Sheth <rsheth@alumni.stanford.org>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/17/1997 13:24:11
On Thu, 16 Oct 1997, Rushabh Sheth wrote:

.. Hello,
..
.. 	Here is the problem:  I have tried NetBSD/Mac68K Booter program to
.. boot my Quadra 610 but every time the program attempts to autoboot the
.. Quadra 610, the computer just freezes.  Has anyone ported NetBSD to the
.. Quadra 610?  If so, can you please let me know how I can port NetBSD to my
.. Q610 or how I can solve this computer-freeze problem? I would appreciate
.. any info or help on this issue.  I also would like to subscribe to the
.. port-mac68k mailing list;  can someone please tell me how I can subscribe?
.. Thanks.

NetBSD/mac68k runs without problems on a Q610 -- if you have a Q610 with
a full MC68040 CPU, and not just an 68LC040. You need to install a
snapshot of the "current" version of NetBSD, none of the released versions
(latest release is 1.2.1) supports any 68040 Macintoshes.

To subscribe to the mailing list, you send a message to
majordomo@netbsd.org with one line in the message body

                 subscribe port-mac68k

- regards
Erik Bertelsen