Subject: Boot problem
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Eric Damien Berna <eric@thiel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/17/1997 17:37:11
I'm trying to setup another Mac IIcx and am having a problem. I'm using the
1.2.1 distribution. The computer is attached to my office LAN by Ethernet.
The LAN is connected to the Internet. I have an IP address for the computer
and so setting up the network should be easy. Yet as soon as I make all the
settings shown in the networking HOW-TO, the system starts to freeze on
boot. It gets as far as "checking quotas:" and then stops. If I muck with
the networking setups enough that I get an error and the network isn't
started the rest of the boot process works. If I get the network started,
the system stops at "checking quotas:"

What am I doing wrong?

TIA

Eric Damien Berna