Subject: Re: port-mac68k universe
To: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
From: Brian Wildasinn <bwildasi@csulb.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/17/1997 12:36:45
Hi Dave!
You saved me again! Sure enough, those little vectab's in machdep.c were switched
making bogus netbsd kernels for the Q700--at least for current snapshot  971004.

Did a check at NetBSD's ftp site. Only see one sys.tar.gz located in,

    ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/tar_files/src/
    sys.tar.gz 10564 Kb Thu Oct 17 14:33:00 1996 application/gzip.

The only other directory seems to be src files that are not gzipped.The
../tar_files/sys.tar.gz directory is the one i've been using for kernel builds.
Would you know where the updates to sys.tar.gz are kept?

[Unrelated Stuff:  By the way, does your Q700 run pap in ppp? The ppp scripts used
to at least dial the modem, but not any more. Says there's a loop and a warning
about the whole world seeing pap-secrets, so it quits. Could you email me your ppp
scripts? If so, please include all those pesky ppp files and a generic pap-secrets
file too so my ip stuff can go in there. I'm still using the macOS for internet
stuff,  which seems like a convoluted way to download unix files. Lynx is installed
but w/o a ppp connection it's useless.]

Sincerely...
Brian Wildasinn
bwildasi@csulb.edu