Subject: AFS Kerberized telnetd
To: port-mac68k <acrollet@andrew.cmu.edu>
From: Dan Heller <heller@andrew.cmu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/17/1997 14:14:13
Ever since I installed the AFS kerberos telnetd that was advertised a few
weeks ago, i have been having slightly weird problems.  Whenever I telnet
to my machine, it acts sorta like I never logged in.  I think that it is
not writing to /var/log/wtmp.  If I run last, the connection does not
show, and if i run lastlogin, It says that my last login was on 10/6,
which I know is not true since I am currently connected.  finger, who,
and uptime all say that there is no one logged on.  If i connect using
ftp, it records the connection like normal.

Anyways, is it not set up correctly?  Am I missing an option to telnetd?
Or is it broken?

Thanks
Dan Heller

Dan Heller
heller@andrew.cmu.edu
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~heller/

"You'll find many of the truths we cling to depend greatly
    on our point of view"