Subject: Q630/P575/etc Comm Slot
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/16/1997 11:00:51
> Allen helped me get BSD to at least recognize my Comm Slot ethernet, and

On that note...  Is there anyone who has both MacsBug/68k assembly
or some BSD kernel experience and a machine with a Comm Slot ethernet
card?  I think that the only problem with the CS ethernet is that
we're not hooking to the right interrupt, but I don't have time to
try to figure that out right now.

There are two possible ways to track down the right interrupt (if that
is, indeed, the problem).

	* Grovel through the MacOS interrupt handlers, or

	* Hook into each slot interrupt until we find one that works.
	  (Actually, there are two possibilities for this...
		a. install a handler for all slots and print out the
		   slot number the first time we get one, or
		b. build one kernel at a time, installing the handler
		   in a different slot for each kernel.)

If you can do this for me, drop me a note.  If not, I'll build a kernel
for someone to try, but I don't know when I'll get to it.

Thanks,
-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com