Subject: Re: NetBSD Booter
To: Roy Wood <rrwood@execulink.com>
From: None <nigel@ind.tansu.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/16/1997 09:09:38

> It seems like v1.11.0 of the booter doesn't save the preferences/settings
> correctly, even when I use the menu command for specifically saving them.

	Hi Roy. Thanks for the bug report. I have verified that the problem
occurs in all recent Booters _except_ 1.9.7

> I've grabbed the sources and will look into why, assuming this is not being
> looked at by anyone else right now.
>
> Anything else I should do with it while I've got the time for tweaking?

* If you have time to kill, I would be curious as to why 1.9.6
  seems to fail, 1.9.7 suceeds, and and later 1.10.0 fail again

* Don't waste a lot of time on it though. You can always save the
  prefs, exit the booter, and then open it again. That always works

* 1.11.1 comes out soon which will fix it by storing the preferences in
  a separate file.  (the Booter currently writes into its resource fork)

--
| Nigel Pearson, nigel@ind.tansu.com.au |"People say I'm strange, does it  |
|  Telstra IN Platforms, Sydney, Aust.  | make me a stranger?              |