Subject: Re: Questions about RAM
To: God's Own Drunk and a Fearless Man <wej@shutdown.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/15/1997 12:40:43

> This is the last one, and I won't bug you guys for a while :)
>
> What is the maximum amount of memory that NetBSD 1.2.1 will address
> on my IIci?  I have 20 in there currently, and have shut off most
> services ( inetd, routed, talkd, etc. ) and X11R6 uses some memory :)
> I wanna max this thing out on ram, but am cautious about buying it
> without knowing.

I think you still want inetd. Otherwise there's not much you can have
come inbound to the box.

You do have about 40 MB or so of swap configured, don't you?

What do you want to do on a IIci which needs more than 20 MB? I mean
that most of the stuff I'd like to do would take up an unrealiztic
amount of CPU time.

Take care,

Bill