Subject: Re: Yet Another HDD Question
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/14/1997 15:54:07
On Tue, 14 Oct 1997, Bill Studenmund wrote:
> >   I'm wondering if anyone's out there who knows 2.5inch HDD SCSI
> > connector pin assignment(power supply pins as well).
>
> I'm not sure, but I'd _expect_ the pinouts are standard SCSI, just smaller.

Hmm, I don't think so... I had a Quantum 2.5" SCSI drive, and it used a 50
pin connector, but there was no separate power connector (power was
included somewhere in those 50 pins). I can't find the info on that drive
on Quantum's web site, but
http://www.storage.ibm.com/techsup/hddtech/dprs/dprseis.htm has the
pinouts for an IBM 2.5" SCSI drive, which looks very similar to what I
remember my Quantum's pinouts to be.

Dahan: Hani G Y+C 21 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++