Subject: Re: ack...
To: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
From: God's Own Drunk and a Fearless Man <wej@shutdown.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/14/1997 08:52:09
Mason Loring Bliss wrote:

> On 10/13/97 at 9:33 PM -0700, you wrote:
>
> > any ideas?  i can't newfs or fsck those two partitions...
>
> Can you run the Mac-side mkfs on them? That might work, to make NetBSD
> aware of them, anyway. That, and after doing it, running the Installer and
> building devices again.
>
> > i'm assuming the c partition in netbsd is the entire volume, right?
>
> IIRC, on NetBSD c is the entire NetBSD portion of the disk, while d is the
> entire disk, NetBSD or otherwise. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...
>
> --
> Mason Loring Bliss   mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us

Well.. The whole point in me asking is that I have no monitor at home.
I have no keyboard either... Is there no equivalent of the ol'
berkeley format under NetBSD that I can re-create that last 150 meg
partition?  I'm stuck under 50 megs currently... Waiting for the
controller here at the office to agree on a price for a whole stack of
old mac 68030 equipment ( IIsi IIci IIcx ).

wej