Subject: Re: Memory size limit?
To: Allen Briggs , Ken Nakata <kenn@eden.rutgers.edu>
From: Nico van Eikema Hommes <hommes@derioc1.organik.uni-erlangen.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/14/1997 08:10:33
     Hi Ken and Allen,

>> Does anybody know if the memory allocation size under NetBSD/mac68k is
>> limited?
>Yes.  There are several limits.  You can expand them as root, recompile
>a kernel with a couple of constants changed, or I think that you can do
>something to remove the limits on login (and your shell inherits from
>login).  There is a hard limit, though.

Sigh. I should have looked at the "limit"s, of course. Once again proves
how unsuitable a time 2 A.M. is to get something working...
"unlimit", followed by "limit coredumpsize 0" was sufficient to get it
working. Thanks!

Best wishes,

          Nico

--
  Dr. N.J.R. van Eikema Hommes     Computer-Chemie-Centrum
  hommes@ccc.uni-erlangen.de       Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg