Subject: resolver
From: tcjam <tcjam@voicenet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/13/1997 13:49:20
Ok I recently added a new zone to my nameserver (for a local net) and I
have it setup fine and working except for one thing ... the utmp/wtmp
(which ever one is the login record and not the who's here now file) is
not recording anything except ip addresses. I had this working at one
point with the new domain so it would record something like "console
ttyp1 lc.localnet.loc" but now all I get is ip addresses for everything
except the ftp entries which give me hostnames. What is going on? I was
considering upgrading bind to 4.9.6 or maybe even going to v8.x.x but I'm
not sure if this would help at all.

Some background: I have installed the fwtk proxy stuff close to how the
docs on macbsd.com describe. And I have played with things like
enscript,ghostscript,ghostview,and even had to tweak a few include files
but I haven't touched anything that I would relate to these problems.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.
tcjam

                                 \||||/
                                  o  o
|| "Please explain to me the scientific          |  tcjam@voicenet.com ||
||   nature of the whammy." -Scully              ______________________||
|| "Foolproof systems don't take into account,                         ||
||  the ingenuity of fools" -Unknown 			               ||
||   PGP key can be obtained from:                                     ||
||      http://www.voicenet.com/~tcjam/home/keys.html                  ||