Subject: ppp-down does not disconnect modem
To: None <port-mac68K@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Luca Bonci <bonci@levy.phys.unt.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/13/1997 15:32:47
Hello everyone, I am a macBSD beginner, I installed it in these last
days and I really love it.

My configuration is:
SE/30 8M ram 16M swap 157M usr&root partition

I installed the 1.2.1 release and it works nicely.
I installed also the Xwindows (with the special SE/30 server) and
I am just amazed to see how good they works.
I was also able to compile the GNU g77 compiler and so now I
can test my scientific codes on my small Mac.
Next step is to install gnuplot to see the results.

I was able to open a ppp connection using the ppp setup
by Bill Stundenmund, also this worked very well.

Only one problem: ppp-down killed the demon but did not disconnected my
external Smart One 14.4 modem.

thank-you to everyone, my old SE/30 is really a new machine now!

Luca Bonci