Subject: Booting with no ADB devices, was Re: MRG_ADB option (Classic II stuff again)
To: Brad Salai <bsalai@servtech.com>
From: John P. Wittkoski <jpw@netscape.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/13/1997 11:54:34
Brad Salai wrote:

> Not really the same question, but I recently tried to boot my SE/30 running
> 1.2.1 without the keyboard/mouse attached. It hung at the adb probe stage.
> Is there any reason why this has to work this way. I would like to run the
> SE/30 without the keyboard since it is never really needed.

Which kernel were you using? If the HWDIRECT config is used (disable
"options MRG_ADB" in the kernel config file), then no ADB devices
shouldn't be a problem. I have successfully booted without devices on
several occasions.

Try HWDIRECT.356 if you want to try this but can't roll your own
kernels.

	--John