Subject: Re: Recent changes to disklabel stuff
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/13/1997 08:00:16
On Mon, 13 Oct 1997, Allen Briggs wrote:

> > 1. The recent changes to the disklabel processing code have indeed gotten
> >    rid of the MacOS driver partition (used to show up as sd#d).  But
> >    now there are no entries shown for the "h" partition, even though I've
> >    got several MacOS partitions following all of my NetBSD partitions.
>
> Hmmm...  Can you debug this a bit?  I think there's a define you can set
> to get it to dump the list of partitions that it sees.  Do you have more
> than 32 partitions, by any chance?  Hmm...  I _think_ it's supposed to
> look through the first 32, trying to fill the 7 slots...  If you'd like
> me to, I'll look at it tonight.

I thought it only looked through 32 entries to find a root partition...
I'll see if I can find the #define to set...

> > 2. Even though I can run disklabel against both of my drives, the system
> >    locks up solid whenever I try to mount a partition from my non-root
> >    disk.
>
> I'm getting that, too.  I thought it was the esp driver that I'm playing
> with, but you're using the 5380 for scsi on a IIci, aren't you?  If it's
> the same problem that I'm seeing, mount_ffs will work.  Let me know.

OK, I'll give mount_ffs a try.  But that sure makes an automated start-up
difficult (/etc/rc doesn't use mount_fff, does it?)  And, Yes, I'm still
using ncrscsi on my IIci, so if we're seeing the same problem, it's not in
the esp driver.

| Paul Goyette       | PGP Public Key fingerprint:  | E-mail addresses:     |
| Network Consultant |     0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0  |  paul@whooppee.com    |
| and kernel hacker  |     E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6  |  paul_goyette@ins.com |