Subject: Re: Recent changes to disklabel stuff
To: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/13/1997 10:08:35
> 1. The recent changes to the disklabel processing code have indeed gotten
>    rid of the MacOS driver partition (used to show up as sd#d).  But
>    now there are no entries shown for the "h" partition, even though I've
>    got several MacOS partitions following all of my NetBSD partitions.

Hmmm...  Can you debug this a bit?  I think there's a define you can set
to get it to dump the list of partitions that it sees.  Do you have more
than 32 partitions, by any chance?  Hmm...  I _think_ it's supposed to
look through the first 32, trying to fill the 7 slots...  If you'd like
me to, I'll look at it tonight.

> 2. Even though I can run disklabel against both of my drives, the system
>    locks up solid whenever I try to mount a partition from my non-root
>    disk.

I'm getting that, too.  I thought it was the esp driver that I'm playing
with, but you're using the 5380 for scsi on a IIci, aren't you?  If it's
the same problem that I'm seeing, mount_ffs will work.  Let me know.

-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com