Subject: Re: Recent changes to disklabel stuff
To: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/13/1997 16:12:46
On Mon, 13 Oct 1997, Paul Goyette wrote:

.. 1. The recent changes to the disklabel processing code have indeed gotten
..    rid of the MacOS driver partition (used to show up as sd#d).  But
..    now there are no entries shown for the "h" partition, even though I've
..    got several MacOS partitions following all of my NetBSD partitions.
..
.. 2. Even though I can run disklabel against both of my drives, the system
..    locks up solid whenever I try to mount a partition from my non-root
..    disk.  I'd love to provide a traceback, but not even the Interrupt
..    button works, so I can't get into the debugger.

Maybe it would help, if you send the output from disklabel for the
disk(s) involved. (try to run disklabel with an older and a new
kernel to see the differences)

Except for the fact that the mac68k specific disklabel change happened
simultaneously with the NFS changes that also required updating of
kernels and userland applications, my upgrade was painless, after
I discovered that my /home partition was sd0f and sd0h on an old
kernel and sd0e and sd0f on a new one, thus allowing me to use
sd0f on either kernel without having to update /etc/fstab each
time I went forwards and backwards in kernels. This was necessary
for my as I normally build kernels without COMPAT_12, which was
needed while upgrading the NFS stuff.

regards
Erik Bertelsen