Subject: RE: Some beginner's questions
To: 'port-mac68k@netbsd.org' <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Stefan Sinclair <stefans@centurion.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/13/1997 08:40:21
Unfortunately, I don't have the manuals for my ethernet card :(
I bought it used w/ do accompanying software or documentation.

Anyway, here is what NetBSD reports when booting as far as
the ethernet/fpu card is concerned:
nubus0 at mainbus0
ae0 at nubus0 slot a: failed to determine size of RAM.
ae1 at nubus0 slot a: failed to determine size of RAM.
ae2 at nubus0 slot a: failed to determine size of RAM.
fpu0 at mainbus0 (mc68882)
Well, I may try some other kernels to see if that works
(I'm using the GENERIC-45 kernel at the moment).

And, once again, I'm still having problems getting X-Windows
to work. I installed all the current packages for X, onto a
current system, and now X reports a buch of stuff about not
being able to make a connection to the display. If I go back
to the older version of X-Windows for mac68k, what will I be
missing? I had the older version of X working fine under
OpenBSD on this machine earlier so I'm contemplating
going back to the older binaries.

Thanks,

-Stefan

Stefan Sinclair