Subject: Recent changes to disklabel stuff
To: allen briggs <briggs@mail.vt.edu>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/13/1997 06:21:22
I just finished rebuilding a new kernel from yesterday morning's -current
and there seems to be a problem or two:

1. The recent changes to the disklabel processing code have indeed gotten
   rid of the MacOS driver partition (used to show up as sd#d).  But
   now there are no entries shown for the "h" partition, even though I've
   got several MacOS partitions following all of my NetBSD partitions.

2. Even though I can run disklabel against both of my drives, the system
   locks up solid whenever I try to mount a partition from my non-root
   disk.  I'd love to provide a traceback, but not even the Interrupt
   button works, so I can't get into the debugger.

   In order to bypass the possible changes resulting from the renumbering
   of the partitions, I've specified both the device and mount-point in
   my mount commands, and I've tried all three of the NetBSD partitions
   (a=/altroot, f = /usr, and g = /amanda/work) with the same results.

Any ideas on what to try next?  :)

| Paul Goyette       | PGP Public Key fingerprint:  | E-mail addresses:     |
| Network Consultant |     0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0  |  paul@whooppee.com    |
| and kernel hacker  |     E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6  |  paul_goyette@ins.com |