Subject: Re: Missing Library?
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/10/1997 18:26:49
At 3:42 PM 10/10/97, Bill Studenmund wrote:
>Man mktemp explains that there is a possable race condition between checking
>if a file exists and creating it. mkstemp doesn't have that race condition.

My question was poorly phrased.  I was wondering why the change wasn't
being used by popular free software like GNU make.  Too new, or not
properly connected with the standard libc?

To continue I wonder what tmpfile() does.  This is off topic though.

>The 68k has such an instruction, so I'd bet the TAS glue is missing.

Bingo!  I would have hoped the configure program would notice and backgrade
to using semaphores though.