Subject: Re: argh.
To: Bob Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/10/1997 19:47:43
> Allen is right, there was a bug in some versions of Mkfs that caused it
> to miss the last partition on the disk.  This was fixed in verison 1.44
> and 1.45 and so far I haven't gotten any reports of any similar problems.
>  There was a problem that some disk formatters were creating A/UX
> partitions that Mkfs couldn't see, but I thought I fixed that in verison
> 1.45.  But if either of these things are still happening please contact
> me privately and we'll get it fixed.

Actually, we got it straightened out.  It appears that for some reason
he ended up with no real partitions on the disk (using HD Setup)--there
were three: partition map, driver, and free.  :-)

Using the default A/UX configuration worked, but of course wasted some
space with eschatology, etc.

-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com