Subject: Missing Library?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/10/1997 14:58:49
This is a touch off-topic, but I just tried building Postgres and it failed
as follows:

>gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/dist/postgresql-6.2/src/backend/utils'
>gcc -o postgres access/SUBSYS.o bootstrap/SUBSYS.o catalog/SUBSYS.o
>commands/SUB
>SYS.o executor/SUBSYS.o lib/SUBSYS.o libpq/SUBSYS.o main/SUBSYS.o
>nodes/SUBSYS.o
> optimizer/SUBSYS.o parser/SUBSYS.o port/SUBSYS.o postmaster/SUBSYS.o
>regex/SUBS
>YS.o rewrite/SUBSYS.o storage/SUBSYS.o tcop/SUBSYS.o utils/SUBSYS.o
>../utils/ver
>sion.o -L/usr/local/lib -lcrypt -lcompat -lm -ltermcap -lcurses
>access/SUBSYS.o: warning: mktemp() possibly used unsafely, consider using
>mkstem
>p()
>storage/SUBSYS.o: Undefined symbol `_S_INIT_LOCK' referenced from text segment
>storage/SUBSYS.o: Undefined symbol `_S_UNLOCK' referenced from text segment
>storage/SUBSYS.o: Undefined symbol `_S_LOCK' referenced from text segment
>storage/SUBSYS.o: Undefined symbol `_S_UNLOCK' referenced from text segment
>storage/SUBSYS.o: Undefined symbol `_S_UNLOCK' referenced from text segment
>storage/SUBSYS.o: Undefined symbol `_S_UNLOCK' referenced from text segment
>storage/SUBSYS.o: Undefined symbol `_S_LOCK' referenced from text segment
>storage/SUBSYS.o: Undefined symbol `_S_LOCK' referenced from text segment
>storage/SUBSYS.o: Undefined symbol `_S_UNLOCK' referenced from text segment
>storage/SUBSYS.o: Undefined symbol `_S_INIT_LOCK' referenced from text segment
>storage/SUBSYS.o: Undefined symbol `_S_INIT_LOCK' referenced from text segment
>storage/SUBSYS.o: Undefined symbol `_S_LOCK' referenced from text segment
>storage/SUBSYS.o: Undefined symbol `_S_UNLOCK' referenced from text segment
>storage/SUBSYS.o: Undefined symbol `_S_UNLOCK' referenced from text segment
>storage/SUBSYS.o: Undefined symbol `_S_LOCK' referenced from text segment
>storage/SUBSYS.o: Undefined symbol `_S_LOCK' referenced from text segment
>storage/SUBSYS.o: Undefined symbol `_S_UNLOCK' referenced from text segment
>storage/SUBSYS.o: Undefined symbol `_S_LOCK' referenced from text segment
>storage/SUBSYS.o: Undefined symbol `_S_UNLOCK' referenced from text segment
>storage/SUBSYS.o: More undefined symbol _S_UNLOCK refs follow
>gmake[1]: *** [postgres] Error 1
>gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/dist/postgresql-6.2/src/backend'
>gmake: *** [all] Error 2

So, I have two questions:  1) what gives with the mktemp() stuff, is that
discussed over on the generic users list?  I got the same error building
GNU make.

2) The undefined symbol stuff looks like a missing library, but I don't
know which one.  Could the configure be picking up the wrong locking
mechanism for this OS?

I'm running -current of Sept 27.  Postgres 6.2.