Subject: Re: Some beginner's questions
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/10/1997 14:40:25
Bill Studenmund wrote:

> > At 8:52 AM 10/10/97, Stefan Sinclair wrote:
> > >4) The latest NetBSD/mac68k Booter does not seem to be able to save the
> > >booting preferences - is this a known bug?
> >
> > Certainly it *was* a known bug, but I thought it had been fixed a long time ago.
> >
> > For the record I still get that behavior as well in the current version.
> > If I save options, quit, and restart then changes get saved properly, but
> > not if I boot directly into MacBSD.
>
> I've seen the same thing w/ 1.11.0. It was fixed at one point.
>
> Did we loose the disk buffer flush? (on our way out of MacOS, we have it
> write out its internal buffers)

Did you send a PR? ;-)  Even tho this isn't in-tree code, it does serve as
a reminder.  I seem to remember Scott saying that he had encountered this
problem when he revamped part of the Booter, and that it was mainly a
result of our writing the preferences in the Booter's own resource fork
rather than using a separate prefs file, but I could easily be
mis-remembering.

Later.