Subject: Re: argh.
To: Wedge Martin <wej@isd.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/10/1997 15:29:25
> don't think anyone actually reads this,

Where'd you get that idea?  I think this is one of the most responsive
electronic forums on the net.  BTW, I had to edit your message slightly
to get it through the majordomo 'resend' filter.  Sorry about that.

> These days, when trying to install 1.2.1, a. i can't get the Mkfs to look at
> the second partition which is labeled A/UX root&usr at all,

This sounds like the bug in Mkfs/partitioning software.  This might be
in the FAQ.  Some partitioning software doesn't write valid partition
maps and Mkfs was assuming that they would...  I think the latest version
of Mkfs fixed this, though.  What software are you using?

> a second disk on the scsi chain, i can Mkfs one big partition on it, and put
> all the software onto it.. However, I get this stupid [] error message when
> trying to boot off of it that says....
>
> Partition -1 is non-existent. ( Well DUH )

Could you help us out by telling us what you've filled in the booting
dialog window?  Did you specify the partition by name?  If so, try not
doing so--just specify the scsi ID and let it find the partition.

-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com