Subject: argh.
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Wedge Martin <wej@isd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/10/1997 12:03:20
don't think anyone actually reads this, but i'm having a serious problem.
the last time i installed NetBSD on this mac it was NetBSD 1.1 and it installed
smoothly.  I even had a little 5 meg partition for MacOS on this thing so that
it would bootstrap NetBSD off of the second partition...

These days, when trying to install 1.2.1, a. i can't get the Mkfs to look at
the second partition which is labeled A/UX root&usr at all, and b. when i put
a second disk on the scsi chain, i can Mkfs one big partition on it, and put
all the software onto it.. However, I get this stupid [] error message when
trying to boot off of it that says....

Partition -1 is non-existent. ( Well DUH )
Could not open kernel "(2,?)netbsd".

************* Boot Stopped. **************

Really ungodly frustrating.  Ready to launch this [] thing out the window.
Any advice at all?  In debug mode, it just shows...

Booting... reading partition # 1
Reading 512 bytes ( 1 blocks ) from scsi (2,2)
reading partition # 2
Reading 512 bytes ( 1 blocks ) from scsi (2,3)
etc. etc. down to 5...
then i get partition -1 is non-existent...
Could not open kernel "(2,?)netbsd".

ARGH.