Subject: X on an LC II?
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Forgey <paulf@aphrodite.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/10/1997 11:32:32
Is X supported on an LC II (is the machine fast enough is another
question I problably know the answer to :)?

When I invoke X, I get:
Screen0 at 0x41ec000, 640x480, RowB 1024, fbbase 0xb87000

on the console, and I have to kill -9 the process.  Curiously, running
something like xterm, pointing DISPLAY= to what should be the X server,
does not return "can't open display", so I think the X server is
actually working, but the video card simply isn't being set correctly.

I don't have anything foreign hardware-wise for the video, simply the
builtin video.

Running 640x480x1 (monochrome).