Subject: RE: Some beginner's questions
To: Stefan Sinclair <stefans@centurion.com>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/10/1997 18:21:26
On Fri, 10 Oct 1997, Stefan Sinclair wrote:

.. It doesn't appear that the ethernet card is getting recognized at boot
.. time.
.. No message regarding ethernet, eth0, or anything even close is to be
.. found when I boot. It _does_ find the 68882 fpu, which is on the
.. ethernet
.. card itself & not the main board. Strange...

The ethernet will be associated with an ae0 or sn0 device, if it
is currently supported, not as eth0.

I'm sorry that I don't remember all of your original message, but
if you're trying to install NetBSD 1.2.1, quite a bit has happened
since then -- you might try to install one of the recent snapshots
of the "current" NetBSD (maybe just a kernel) to see if that be better
in recognizing your ethernet.

- Erik