Subject: Disk drive confusion
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Howard S Shubs <hshubs@mindspring.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/10/1997 06:49:22
I'm trying to start actually doing something with MacBSD.  To start, I
figured I'd mount partitions other than the root one, in order to put
-source- code in and then build a kernel.  However, I'm falling down on the
fist part.  When I try to mount a partition as /dev/sd1g, it seems to mount
but my disk subsequently comes up fried.  Er, "g" isn't the whole-disk
partition, is it?  I thought that was "d".  Also, I saw the debate as to
which partition letters come when, but I didn't see how it was resolved.
Until I can restore the sources, I really can't look it up myself,
especially since at this point I have no idea where to start looking.

I added a line to fstab like so, after creating /home:

/dev/sd1g   /home  ffs 1 2

I also tried adding another one, since there was another "misc" A/UX
partition on the drive:

/dev/sd1h   /usr1  ffs 1 2

after creating /usr1.  What am I doing wrong?

Howard S Shubs         hshubs@bix.com
The Denim Adept        hshubs@mindspring.com