Subject: Re: Kernel help needed!: Address error trap
To: None <bwildasi@csulb.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/09/1997 12:53:24
> The kernel compiled, but turned out to be bogus since at boot time it
> dumped its registers giving this explanation:

I expect that you've got some corrupted files.
What SCSI driver are you using?  Can you try compiling again turning
off and/or disconnecting any unneeded SCSI drives?  I really suspect
that your SCSI bus is flaky for whatever reason and that's causing
silent scsi transfer errors.

You might also want to try the kernel that I compiled last night
(ftp://ftp.macbsd.com/pub/outgoing/briggs/netbsd-971009.gz).  It won't
have whatever changes you've made to scsiconf.c since we haven't seen
what those changes are or are for except that they relate to your CD-ROM
drive.

> Is there a faq on how to use the debugger info, or a tutorial?

"man ddb" when you're up and running.

-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com