Subject: adding a new on an existing NetBSD Drive
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rahim Azizarab <rahim@megspo.megsinet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/09/1997 18:51:30
I installed NetBSD-1.2.1 on a 1.3 gig drive.  I had to use the 40Meg apple
option on the mkfs program under MacOS.  I have a 50 meg NetBSD root&usr
where NetBSD has been installed.  I tried using mkfs from MacOS to change
the format of my 1200meg partition to NetBSD.  It says bad SuperBlock when
I try to mount it.  Do I need to do a disklabel on this partion and then
newfs? could doing a disklabel destroy my existing NetBSD partion on
/dev/sd1a?

Can the NetBSD drive be made bootable such that NetBSD gets loaded without
going into MacOS?

     .--.  __  .---------     Rahim Azizarab
    / /  \(  )/   ----        1925 S. 3rd Ave
   ////  ' \/ ` ---           Maywood,  IL  60153
  // / / :    :--             708-344-6994
 //      //..\\               rahim@megsinet.net
       =UU====UU=