Subject: Re: External cache on IIci
To: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/08/1997 17:37:37
Paul Goyette wrote:

> I've been running with that line commented out of my config file for a
> long time now, with no wierd results.  It certainly boots up just fine.
>
> Of course, I don't know if the cache was ever actually enabled (I assume
> that MacOS would have to do this, and with my cache card that means a
> MacOS system extension;  I always boot with extensions off when I'm
> going to use NetBSD).  All I know is that that particular option prevents
> NetBSD from explicitly disabling the cache.

Actually, I thought that it was enabled in hardware by default, no
extensions needed.  However, I could be wrong about that, too ;-)  I'll
have to go find a copy of "Designing Cards and Drivers for the Macintosh"
and "Guide to the Macintosh Family Hardware" again.  I really wish they
published these on the web like they do everything else!

Later.